Redstone Arsenal will reopen select services in support of
tenant organizations’ phased approach to returning employees to the installation
starting Tuesday, May 26.
Redstone Arsenal leadership remain focused on three priorities: safeguard the health,
safety and security of the workforce; combat and prevent the spread of COVID-19; and
carry on the critical missions of each of our organizations.
Organization leaders will communicate with their workforce on their timelines and
approach to returning employees to the installation. The decision to return the workforce
will be a progressive and measured process managed by each tenant leader, and
based on authoritative data from the Alabama Department of Public Health.
While leadership has determined that the installation and 16-county commuting area
surrounding Redstone has met the conditions outlined by the DoD and CDC for an
average 14-day decline in new positive cases, the reconstitution of services and return
of employees to the Arsenal will be slow and deliberate. Future increases in services
will be contingent upon conditions remaining the same or continuing to improve.
Garrison will reopen the following limited services to employees and beneficiaries with
social distancing and preventative measures in place:
OPEN :Gates 1 (Martin Rd E), 7 (Martin Rd W), 8 (Goss Rd), and 9
(Rideout Rd) will have all lanes manned during peak morning rush hour
CLOSED: Gates 3 (Redstone Rd) and 10 (Patton Rd) remain closed
• One Stop: Open with limited occupancy, and some services by appointment only
• Pershing Welcome Center: Open, most services by appointment only
• Child Care Centers: Open to returning employees who are present patrons
• Bicentennial Chapel: Open for individual worship only
• Fox Army Health Center: Most services are open, entry screenings still occur,
cloth face coverings required to enter the facility, refer to Fox website and social
media for details
• Morale, Welfare and Recreation: Golf Course, Flying Club, Auto Skills, Arts and
Crafts, Limited Outdoor Recreation activities open
• Post Restaurants: Open for Carry-out only (JAVA Café, Brooklyn’s and
Firehouse Pub remain closed)
• Post Exchange/ Gas Stations: Open, masks required to enter
• Commissary: Open, Retiree hours and purchase limits remain in effect, mask
required to enter
Employees and beneficiaries should expect social distancing and protective measures to be enforced at all locations on Redstone Arsenal where six feet of physical distance cannot be maintained. While the Installation is reconstituting services, we are not reducing prevention.
Employees are strongly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines: stay home when ill; wear a cloth face covering in public places; maintain six feet of physical separation; and practice good hygiene.
Employees should stay in close contact with their direct chain of command for their return-to-installation work status and timeline.