Here are five things to know before you and family go
It’s finally here. The 24th annual Oktoberfest, sponsored by Woody Anderson Ford, returns this weekend to the MWR Activity Field. Hours are Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m., Friday 5 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday noon to 1 a.m., and Sunday, noon to 7 p.m.
Here are five things to know before you go:
1. Don’t usually have access to Redstone Arsenal? No problem. Enter through Gate 10 off Patton Road.
2. Ticket prices are $14 Thursday and Sunday, $17 Friday and Saturday. Active duty military receive $2 off on Friday night, valid up to five family members. Military ID is required.
3. It’s a cash only event, but never fear, Redstone Federal Credit Union mobile ATMs will be on site if you forget money for your beer and schnitzel.
4. Admission includes all the carnival rides you can handle, plus parking, a park and ride shuttle service and entertainment. This year will also include inflatable bounce houses and slides for the kids, sponsored by Raytheon, as well as a Rocket City RV Rest Area.
5. Love beer? Don’t forget to check out the Craft Biergarten. Admission is separate – each session is $25, which includes a souvenir glass and unlimited sampling of some 100 taps. If by chance you imbibe too much, Lyft, Uber and cabs for a safe ride home will be available.
For more information, call 842-5231, or go to www.redstone.armymwr.com.