The Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville conducts an Engineer Day awards ceremony each year to recognize the organization’s best. The awards ceremony is part of an all-day event that also recognizes the Army’s birthday June 14 and the beginning of the Corps of Engineers June 16.
This year’s event June 5 at Monte Sano State Park included awards, food trucks, board games, softball and volleyball tournaments, horseshoes, face painting, culinary herbs and many other activities, all organized by the Huntsville Center Activities Association and the many volunteers needed to plan and execute the day.
Individual and team awards presented in 12 categories were:
• Employee of the Year: Teresa Peterson-Evans, Internal Review
• Commander’s Leadership Award: Terri Llewellyn, Installation Support
• Innovator of the Year: HNC Quality and Performance Improvement Team made up of Alden Neva, Quality Manager; Nicole Boone, Small Business; Kevin Coats, Environmental and Munitions Center of Expertise; Linda Cook, Security Office; Fermin Feria, Logistics; Lisa Gayman, Office of Counsel; Carolyn Harris, Business Management Office; Audra Hessler, Resource Management; Gary Hettler, Safety Office; Nicholas League, Management Review; Warren LeMay, Medical Facilities Center of Expertise and Standardization; Plyler McManus, Ordnance and Explosives Directorate; Angela Morton, Equal Employment Opportunity Office; LuAnn Poniatowski, formerly with Internal Review; Laura Beth Quick, Installation Support; Diana Rodenas, Contracting Directorate; George Sledge, Chemical Demilitarization Directorate; Debra Valine, Public Affairs; and Todd Wood, Engineering Directorate.
• Contracting Professional of the Year: Sarah Schlapman, Contracting Directorate
• Resource Management Professional of the Year: Eric South
• Engineer of the Year: David Braidich, Medical Facilities Center of Expertise and Standardization
• Administration Support Employee of the Year: Rachel Ray, Engineering Directorate
• Volunteer of the Year: Lequita Byrd-Craig, Contracting Directorate
• Project Manager of the Year: Lynn Daniels, Installation Support
• Program Manager of the Year: Steve Goolsby, Installation Support
• Project Delivery Team of the Year: International Operations, which included Ordnance and Explosives Directorate employees Plyler McManus, Keith Angles, Bob Britton, Kirk Baumann, Bruce Railey, Chase Hamley, Pam Draper, Mary Lou Blackburn, Carol Beane, Rhonda Marbury, Shannon Robbins, Anna Nebelsick, Darlene Davenport, Bill Sargent, Mike Fields, Brian McComas, Wayne Galloway, Frances Reilly, Ken Barnett, Troy Orender and Greg Parsons; Nick Stolte, Environmental and Munitions Center of Expertise; Contracting Directorate employees Suzanne Wear, John Cominotto, Monty Spicer, David Shores, Richard Locklair and Sharon Butler; Kenneth Barnes, Chemical Demilitarization Directorate; Engineering Directorate employees Jason Burcham, Bob Selfridge, Dustin Ray, Bruce Whisenant, David Horvath and Charles Pregeant; Margaret Simmons and Nancy Vaughn, Office of Counsel; Donzia King-Clark, Resource Management; and Jerry Haley, Installation Support.
• Gallery of Distinguished Civilian Employees: William Strong
In addition to the Engineer Day awards, several commanders’ awards were presented.
• Geordelle Charles, Contracting Directorate, received a Certificate of Appreciation signed by the Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army for installations, energy and environment; and a letter signed by Amanda Simpson, Office of Energy Initiatives.
• Amro Habib, Chemical Demilitarization Directorate, received a letter signed by Lt. Gen. Thomas Bostick, USACE commander and chief of engineers.
• Sheron Belcher, Engineering Directorate, received a Commander’s Award for Civilian Service signed by Lloyd Caldwell, headquarters USACE.
• Todd Watts, Engineering Directorate, received an Achievement Medal for Civilian Service signed by Lloyd Caldwell, headquarters USACE.
• Richard Himebrook, Contracting Directorate, signed by Maj. Gen. Richard Stevens, deputy commander of USACE.
• Six employees received Commander’s Awards for Civilian Service signed by Col. Robert Ruch, Huntsville Center commander: Eric South and Regina Segars, Resource Management; Tammy Cinnamon, Engineering Directorate; and Miguel Jose Lang, Mike Trull, Shelly Barnes and Felicia McBride, Contracting Directorate.